Marketing for Accountants - Can exceptional customer service lead to more word of mouth?
Part of our job in building tax accountants' brands is managing their online reputation. Nothing is more telling than the feedback clients give about their professionals. The comments we see time and time again from our most successful accountants are about responsiveness and staying in constant communication.
In a business that is built primarily by word of mouth, making small changes in your practice can drive measurable results. With tax season upon us, it is a good time to take stock of the following:
- How quickly do you return calls and emails?
- Do you make it easy for clients to schedule appointments?
- Do you use client newsletters and social media to communicate with clients year-round?
- Do you encourage reviews to help reinforce what you offer?
- Do you make each client feel special and cared for?
- Is the entire staff,on the same page when it comes to responsiveness and exceptional customer support?
- Are you really committed to making a difference in your clients 'lives? Are you helping them save more money, making their businesses grow,and helping the local economy?
- Do you let clients know that referrals are appreciated? Sometimes you just need to ask.
San Diego Business Advisors created video testimonials. What was telling in the clients' stories is that they appreciated being kept up-to-date on the latest tax news and tips. This is a tangible example of how staying in constant contact helps with client retention and more referrals.
San Jose-area tax professional Lina van Scherrenburg has glowing reviews talking about her responsiveness, even on Friday nights.
Mountain View tax professional Ron Hogsett has clients speaking highly of his email newsletter.
Escondido CPA Paula Traber has 11 glowing reviews on her TaxBuzz.com profile. Responsiveness and thoroughness are common themes throughout.
Sometimes you need to take stock of what you believe in and how you treat your clients. The reviews and testimonials don’t lie. “I would recommend Paula to anyone” is the type of reinforcement that shows exceptional customer service and increases word-of-mouth referrals.
Lee Reams II
I am a marketing junkie who has spent the last 20 years developing and executing "best in class" word-of-mouth marketing campaigns. With over 10,000 happy clients I think we are on to something. The explosion in web marketing and social media have redefined the way independent professionals market their practices. Follow my blog to see if you can take some of our actionable ideas to market your own practice.